Thursday, March 25, 2010

Island, I see you in the moonlight...

“My garden is filled with papayas and mangos. My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos. Taste for the good life. I can't live it no other way. While out on the beach there are two empty chairs That say more than the people who ever sit there. From under my lone palm I can look out on the day.” – Jimmy Buffett

A great person (Acidman…RIP dude) once described blogging as “an exercise where I stuffed notes in bottles and threw them into a vast ocean where I hoped someone would find the bottle and read the note. But that's not really what I was doing. This blog was my lifeline that towed me to shore when I was totally shipwrecked. It kept me alive for more than two of the worst years I've lived in my life. I wasn't stuffing notes in bottles. I was standing on the shore and shouting frantically for rescue. People came. I WAS rescued. And I will always appreciate that fact.” I agree. Although I am not shipwrecked, I do see this blog as my way to stuff a note in a bottle. I am on this island of my own accord. Self-imposed exile, let’s call it. So far, I can see the bottles not far off shore. But I’m in no hurry. I’ll just sit here under my lone palm and wait for the tide to go out…

No comments:

Post a Comment