Monday, March 22, 2010

Lights, camera, ACTION!

I've been a player in the crowd scene
A flicker on the big screen
My soul embraces one more in a million faces. - Chesney Hawkes

Vince and Jeff are starting a production company. Yes, I’m a little nervous. OK, so right now they are mostly harmless. They have a decent little camera, a boom mic, and are looking at a lapel mic. I think they have a script. My involvement so far is as director/key grip/best boy. I run the camera and offer advice where I can. I’m told they have other plans for me. I’m not sure why that makes me want to run hide in the closet. I modeled for a few years (and that was a few years too many) so you would think that I would not be camera shy. Ah, contraire, Mon Amie. I avoid cameras like the plague. Usually, if there is a camera within 10 feet of me, I’m behind it. I don’t find myself at all photogenic and I tend to clam up at the sight of a video camera.

Anywho, I spent this weekend listening to “quiet on the set………and……ACTION!” Jeff, of course, is a natural. Vince is warming up to the task. Vince is, by nature, a teacher. He enjoys that kind of thing….but it doesn’t translate well for the audience Vince and Jeff are after. Vince needs to loosen up and talk as if he were talking to Mike, Jeff, Jack, or any of his buddies. He’s getting there. I have to get him out of “shop teacher” mode. It appears that I am at least done for a bit. They have to film some stuff down at Shepley’s and something about a junk yard and bees. I don’t know. I’m still not sure what their final vision for the whole thing is. I just do what I’m told. Hey! I saw that eye roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment